Sunday 25 November 2012

Practice, practice, practice..........

About 2 years ago I came across a forum thread offering new riders a chance to practice basic bike skills in a controlled environment...........at the time I'd been road riding for about 12 months so I thought a bit of a refresher might not be such a bad idea......

Since that day - way back when - I've been attending these Saturday Practice sessions frequently and infrequently as life dictates.......

I hadn't been for quite a while so yesterday morning......having no ride plans for the day.....I decided to head back down to the old stomping ground to catch up with some mates and to see the new guys and gals ride the course......


These sessions really are a community service........they are so important to many new riders.........there are two Guru riders who organise and run the sessions......every Saturday.....they do this for the love of riding and to teach new riders how to be safe.......they give their time, experience and wise words every weekend and ask nothing in return........very special indeed.


There is much more to motorcycling than just the ride.......of course......riding is the fun part, it is why we all do it.......but the most important part of being a rider is the people..........I have worked in numerous industries and met many people over the years and I can honestly say that riders are some of the best people I have ever met........

I'll continue to attend these practice sessions well into the future..........I'll still run the course from time to time to keep up low speed skills, although being a commuter I get lots of practice with slow speed technical riding........as any rider knows......it is much HARDER to ride well SLOWLY then it is to go fast......

But mostly......I'll keep going to see my mates........meet the new guys and gals entering into the Moto community and to see all the smiling faces........

You guys are great.

\BitSar

No comments:

Post a Comment