I was simultaneously and preemptively pining for the soon to be gone Ape, whilst excitedly anticipating the arrival of the new Yammy.
I busied myself in the morning with housework, bike-trade preparation and YouTube.
Trying NOT to play the waiting game......
I'd been sitting in my riding gear for well over an hour - when the phone rings.
Yeah.........not toey at all..
The MT-09 is ready for pick up. Game on.
I make it to the dealer in record time to take delivery of the new girl and trade the old girl.
"Cheers fellas - see 'ya later."
Onto some black stuff.
First impressions of the MT-09A
- The throttle mapping and ECU tune are greatly improved - dramatically so. Both A and STD modes are eager and satisfying whilst remaining usable. B-mode is not required.
- The mirrors are brilliant - excellent vision
- The chassis is taught, tight and nimble with a small, flick-able footprint.
- That engine - sublime, tractable. Instant torque, instant response. A masterpiece.
- The brakes have great feel and power, the ABS module has not diluted this.
- The gearbox is tight as a drum. I'm still breaking her in and clutchless shifts are laser precise.
- I LOVE THE ERGOS! Damn - nothing like a sit in bike steered by telepathy!
The not so good:
- The OEM Dunlops are terrible - I'm going to reduce tyre pressure to shred them ASAP. Yuk!
- The suspension is very soft. I have not yet adjusted from factory settings (plush), once I have dialled this in as much as possible I will reassess.
So. The time has come for this Blog to turn a corner.
Stay tuned for some Yammy antics.
Thanks Ape, you were a good girl.
I think I'm turning Japanese-A!........I really think so.