Friday 14 December 2012

Rain Mode

I was watching the radar closely last night while sitting at the office...............bloody hell.............a nice fat band of rain on the way.....

I thought I'd pick a gap and try to get home...............I didn't have my wet gear today......this morning was hot and sunny......but you know Melbourne.......very unstable weather.

Turns out I left at precisely the WRONG moment......my gap had become a large sweeping front of rain, wind and lightning which obediently followed me all the way home.....


I don't actually mind riding in the rain.......the only thing I don't like about it is it makes the bike bloody filthy. 

In the past I used to avoid riding in the rain like the plague.....these days I just select "Rain Mode".........both on bike and in mind.........relax and get on with it. 

After riding in bad conditions over the years you learn to adjust your style accordingly.......cornering with less lean angle......using more engine braking and less active braking.........increasing your buffer from all four corners.....being SMOOTH.......all techniques which will help to keep the rubber road side down......

Riding in the rain isn't all the bad.......just select Rain Mode ---> Both on Bike and in Mind.

\BitSar
--Dried out now.......last night I swear I thought I was a Duck.......

No comments:

Post a Comment